Our goal for NowWhatMFA.com is to maintain an ongoing dialogue about the writing life. We want to share your ideas, opinions and experiences to help inspire our visitors to make creative writing a permanent and productive part of their lives. To this end, we’ll be adding new guest articles on a regular basis. Published guest articles will be considered for inclusion in future editions of “Now What? The Creative Writer’s Guide to Success After the MFA.”
If you have an article, essay, poem or any other form of writing inspiration or advice, we’d love to consider it. Please email it to our editors at info@NowWhatMFA.com. A few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Submissions related to the practical, financial, emotional, and spiritual aspects of the writing life will be considered. Topics may include, but are not limited to, maintaining creative inspiration and productivity, dealing with rejection, financial or legal matters, trends in publishing or marketing, academic careers, or nontraditional career opportunities for writers.
- Please no life stories, self-promotion or gripe sessions.
- We accept submissions all year long and have a straightforward publication schedule: when we receive a compelling piece, we publish it.
- We have no formal length requirements, but recommend a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Attach your work as a double-spaced Microsoft Word document; please make sure the file name contains your full name and the title of your piece.
- Include a brief cover note introducing yourself.
- We aim to reply to all submissions within 90 days, if not sooner.
We look forward to reading your work!
— The editors